Clean Your Carpet to Keep Your Home Healthy
If you have carpet in your house, you are likely familiar with the challenges of keeping it clean. Unlike hard flooring, carpet stain cleaning can be difficult. You’ll need muscle and the right treatment to get good results. Stains are common, especially if you have dogs or small children, but acting quickly to remove a stain will help you keep your carpet looking clean.
If you think about it, dirt and debris from outside can easily find their way inside on the bottom of a shoe. Even going about your daily routine indoors might introduce foreign pollutants into the carpet fibers. Bringing a bowl of popcorn into a carpeted area and then spilling it, or spilling a beverage, might leave stains. Carpet stain removal is required if you want to keep your flooring looking clean and fresh.
The Benefits of Maintaining Your Carpet
Carpets that have been properly kept can survive substantially longer than carpets that have not been properly maintained. Carpeting is only expected to last a few years before being thrown out and replaced since it gets dirty. It’s supposed to be a lot more durable. A well-maintained carpet can be more inviting and appealing, in addition to lasting longer. Having company over might be humiliating if your carpet is stained and unclean. It would be a lot more enjoyable if you could focus on your guests rather than your soiled carpet.
How to Maintain Carpet
While there is no exact formula for predicting how long a carpet will last, proper care will surely help to increase its lifespan. Here are some carpet cleaning fundamentals:
- Vacuuming should be done at least once a week. Vacuuming in high-traffic areas such as living rooms and corridors should be done on a daily basis. Vacuuming carpeting in low-traffic areas like bedrooms once or twice a week may be enough.
- Carpet stains should be removed by carpet stain removal as soon as feasible. A stain becomes more permanent the longer it sits. The stain may be fully erased if you act quickly and efficiently. Waiting for a carpet cleaning company to do it for you may be too late.
- Before walking on the carpet, take off your shoes. Reduce the amount of dirt and debris you introduce to the carpet fibers to keep them cleaned.
Carpet Stain Removal
Because no two stains are the same, they cannot all be removed in the same manner. A viscous substance requires a different strategy than a liquid. If the juice is spilled, for example, the spilled liquid must be blotted up before the stain can be cleaned. To begin, use white tissues, paper towels, or terry cloth towels to absorb as much liquid as possible. Paint and grease are both sticky and cannot be blotted up. Instead, pick a spoon or a scraper and scrape away as much material as you can. Once the liquid or other item has been removed from the carpet, stain cleanup can commence.
- Treat the stain while it is still wet.
- Apply a spot treatment to an inconspicuous location to test for colorfastness.
- If the spot treatment does not discolor the test area, spray directly on the stain. To prevent the stain from spreading to other regions of the carpet, use a spray bottle to spritz water around the perimeter of the stain. It will be easier to keep the stain and spot remover from spreading if you do this.
- Blot the stain inward in a circular motion.
- Blot the spot with a white cloth, spinning it repeatedly to avoid spreading the stain to the fabric.
- Rinse the area with water to remove any chemical residue.